Tried every possible solution to remove stubborn stains from your favourite carpet?
As carpet cleaners in Melbourne, we face different types of stains and marks every single day. However, there are a few common ones we see cropping up time and time again. That’s why we’re sharing some simple tips you can try to remove nasty stains from your carpet or rug.
Tried these tips with mediocre results?
If you’ve tried our tips to no avail, your next step is to bring in the professionals! Master Clean Carpet Care offers powerful carpet cleaning solutions to homes, businesses, and any other property in between, across Melbourne.
If you’re feeling frustrated and have almost lost all hope, now is the time to turn to a professional carpet cleaning service!
We not only remove stains – but we do so without damaging the delicate fibres and materials of your carpet, rugs, or couches.
Proper carpet cleaning and maintenance is a must in every household, but of course, we can’t always avoid disasters or mistakes. So this week, we’re looking at five of the most common stains people battle in their carpets.
Are you suffering from a nasty stain in your carpet or favourite rug? You no longer need to cover it up awkwardly with a pot plant or cushion – get Melbourne’s expert carpet cleaners on your side!
How to remove coffee stains from carpet
An integral part of your everyday morning routine, sipping a cup of coffee perks you up and helps you get ready to tackle the day.
However this time around, you’ve taken a trip or been bumped by your kid – and oh no, you’ve split half your mug on your living room carpet.
There are some things you should do immediately in order to minimise the damage – so act quick! We recommend:
- Use a dry paper towel or dry cloth to absorb as much of the spill as possible
- Create a formula of baking soda, vinegar, and mild dishwashing liquid and apply it to the stain
- Leave it until it dries and try wiping the stain
If this doesn’t work, you might consider buying a solution that has a bleaching element to it
However, this can also cause even more damage to your carpet
If you’re like most people, you don’t really know what formulas, solutions, and liquids will and will not cause damage to your carpets
So beyond mopping it up, we recommend calling a professional carpet cleaner in Melbourne like MasterClean Carpet Care!
How to remove red wine from carpet
Your guests enjoyed your dinner party, raved about the food, and enjoyed a few glasses of wine together.
However someone has been bumped or knocked over a glass, and, regardless of who’s fault it was, you’re now faced with a splotchy red wine stain on your pristine carpet.
If you’re not sure what to do, you might like to give these at-home remedies a go:
- Use a white cloth to blot and absorb as much red wine as possible
- Spray a generous amount of cold water directly onto the stain
- Create a mixture of vinegar, dishwashing liquid, and baking soda
- Apply this to the stain and leave until it dries
- Try blotting the stain with a clean sponge or vaccum cleaner
No sign of fading? Call MasterClean Carpet Care now on 1300 556 748.
How to remove food stains from carpet
We all love a bit of extra stringy cheese on our pizza, or chunky salsa on our nachos… that is, until it falls from our plate and lands right in the centre of your living room carpet!
Food stains are no doubt frustrating, and while most dry foods dropped on the floor can be easily picked up (with only a few crumbs needing to be swept or vacuumed away), “wet” foods are a whole other story!
So what do you do when you drop sauce, ice cream, or baby food on your carpet?
- Create a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and warm water and apply it liberally on the stain
- Let it dry and then vacuum or wipe it away
- If the colour had faded but is still visible, you might like to repeat the exercise
- If this fails, call a professional carpet cleaner for outstanding results!
How to remove ink stains from carpet
Whether it is a refillable ink pen or a permanent marker, ink stains leave an ugly mess on our favourite carpets!
The key is, as you’ve probably gathered by now, is to act fast to stop those marks from permanently staining your carpet. So what should you try?
Try these homemade solutions that can remove those ink stains:
- Put a small amount of alcohol or nail polish remover liquid on the mark
- Be very careful to localise the liquid on the stain only
- You might like to apply with a cotton wool ball or cotton bud
- Firmly dab the stain and see if the colour fades
- Another alternative to nail polish remover is hairspray
It’s the alcohol in the hairspray that works hard to loosen and lift an ink stain from carpets. A nifty home cleaning tip to remember! In fact, the cheaper the hairspray, the more likely it is to contain more alcohol. Not good for your hair, but great for removing ink stains!
If all else fails and you’re concerned about your carpet or a favourite rug, stop wasting time and call MasterClean Carpet Care for an effective stain-free solution.
How to remove blood from carpet
Accidents happen, and even something as small as a cut can lead to blood spots on your carpets, rugs, and upholstered furniture.
Act immediately and don’t let blood stains linger on your carpet for too long.
So what household trick can you try?
Dried blood stain
- If the stain is older and has dried, you can use an old toothbrush or steel wool to loosen it
- Then, mix hand washing detergent with water and apply it to the stain using a clean cloth
- Blot the stain until the blood no longer transfers to the cloth
Wet blood stain
- Blot up the stain immediately with paper towel or a clean cloth
- Apply heavy pressure to the area, but do not wipe across as this will spread the stain
- Spray cold water (NOT hot – this will set the stain!) and pat with a clean cloth
- Do this in small sections to avoid spreading the stain
Worried about damaging your carpet permanently? We understand, that’s why we always urge you to call us promptly if your home remedies show few signs of working.
Remove stubborn stains with carpet cleaning from Melbourne’s experts!
Master Clean Carpet Care treats all kinds of carpets with specialist tools and techniques that not only effectively remove stains, but do not cause any sort of duress or damage!
Our dedicated team of carpet cleaners work across Melbourne’s CBD and Bayside regions, through to the Mornington Peninsula, restoring your carpets to their former clean and hygienic glory.
Master Clean Carpet Care brings back the life in your carpets through highly effective hot water extraction. Our techniques are powerful yet gentle, making them suitable for almost any kind of carpet or rug material.
If you need unwanted stains removed from your carpet, rugs, or upholstery, and common household remedies have failed to solve your problems, contact MasterClean Carpet Care today!